Did you know that you can customize the sounds you hear for many different events on your computer? For example, you can change your computer startup sound or even the sound you hear when you click a link in Microsoft Internet Explorer! This is all done through the Sound Properties options in the Control Panel.
This How-To Article explains how to get into the Sounds Properties options, and how to change sounds.
1. Click the Start button, point to Settings, and click Control Panel from the menu that appears.
2. Double-click the "Sounds" icon from the Control Panel window.
3. Select the sound (by clicking it) you want to modify (from the list of events).
4. From the "Name:" drop-down menu, select the sound you want to hear when the even you selected happens.
Tip: You can click the "Browse" button to locate any sound file on your computer.
5. Once you finish changing sounds, click the Apply button.
6. Click the OK button.
Books on Microsoft Windows
Choosing a Cell Phone and Rate Plan - General Articles
Stopping Unwanted E-mail - General Articles
Learn about Cookies - Microsoft Windows
HotSync Timeout Errors - Palm OS
Also from Computertim Technologies
Thoughts on Internet Advertising - an interactive opinion essay by Tim Rooney.
Post your opinions on technology and get free computer help in the forums.
Tired of AOL? Try Juno for half the price of AOL.
Shop for the best deals online at our shopping site.