Everyone who has used a Palm for a while knows that Graffiti sometimes is difficult to use when you need to write long words or difficult letters. You can use Shortcuts to save words or phrases that you use often, and make your Palm type them with only a few graffiti symbols.
1. Go to the Applications screen (tap the Home button).
2. Tap the "Prefs" icon from the Applications list.
3. From the top right drop-down menu, select ShortCuts.
4. Tap the New button to create a new shortcut.
5. First, enter the "ShortCut Name". This will be the letters you will type when you want to write your shortcut text.
6. Next, enter the "ShortCut Text". This is the text you want typed when you write your "ShortCut Name" in the Graffiti area.
7. Tap OK.
Tip: You can also edit an existing ShortCut by tapping it and tapping the Edit button.
8. To execute your ShortCut, draw the ShortCut symbol, and write the ShortCut name.
Books on Palm OS
Choosing a Cell Phone and Rate Plan - General Articles
Stopping Unwanted E-mail - General Articles
Learn about Cookies - Microsoft Windows
HotSync Timeout Errors - Palm OS
Also from Computertim Technologies
Thoughts on Internet Advertising - an interactive opinion essay by Tim Rooney.
Post your opinions on technology and get free computer help in the forums.
Tired of AOL? Try Juno for half the price of AOL.
Shop for the best deals online at our shopping site.