There are three different volume settings that you can change on your Palm handheld: System Sound, Alarm Sound, and Game Sound. System Sound are the sounds you hear when errors display, or when you tap items on the screen. Game Sound is sound that is played while you are playing games on your Palm. Alarm Sound is the sound you hear when Alarms go off on your Palm.
This How-To Article explains how to change the volume of each of these types of sounds.
1. Go to the Applications screen (tap the Home button).
2. Tap the "Prefs" icon from the list of Applications.
3. Tap the top, right drop-down menu, and select General from the drop-down menu that appears.
4. Next to each sound type, tap the drop-down menu and select the volume you want for the sounds.
5. Once finished, tap the Home button to return to the Applications screen.
Books on Palm OS
Choosing a Cell Phone and Rate Plan - General Articles
Stopping Unwanted E-mail - General Articles
Learn about Cookies - Microsoft Windows
HotSync Timeout Errors - Palm OS
Also from Computertim Technologies
Thoughts on Internet Advertising - an interactive opinion essay by Tim Rooney.
Post your opinions on technology and get free computer help in the forums.
Tired of AOL? Try Juno for half the price of AOL.
Shop for the best deals online at our shopping site.