Publishing a Web
One of the best features of Microsoft FrontPage is the ability to synchronize what is on your computer with what is on the server. This process is called publishing. When you create a new file on your web, it will be added to the web server. When you modify a page, it will be updated on the server.
This How-To Article shows you how to publish your web to your web server.
Publishing a Web
1. Click the File menu and click Publish Web... from the menu that appears.
Please Note: You can only publish through FrontPage's HTTP protocol if your web server supports FrontPage Extensions. Check with your server's system administrator.
2. As shown in Figure 1.1, enter the address to your server.
3. Select the Publishing option you want (Publish changed pages only, or Publish all pages, overwriting any already on the destination). Publishing changed pages only is what you usually want to do, even if this is your first time publishing. If this is your first time publishing, selecting Publish changed pages only will replicate all of your site to your server.
4. If you have subwebs in your web and you want to publish those as well, check the "Include subwebs" box.
5. If you need to use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to connect to your web server, check the "Secure connection required (SSL)" check box.
6. When ready, click the "Publish" button.
7. You will be prompted to enter a username and password to publish.
Note: The larger your web site, the more time it will take to publish your site. This is because FrontPage is checking the web server to see what pages it has on it and what pages are on disk that are new.
Books on Microsoft FrontPage
Choosing a Cell Phone and Rate Plan - General Articles
Stopping Unwanted E-mail - General Articles
Learn about Cookies - Microsoft Windows
HotSync Timeout Errors - Palm OS
Also from Computertim Technologies
Thoughts on Internet Advertising - an interactive opinion essay by Tim Rooney.
Post your opinions on technology and get free computer help in the forums.
Tired of AOL? Try Juno for half the price of AOL.
Shop for the best deals online at our shopping site.