Looking for an easy way to calculate a percentage in your Excel worksheet?
This How-To Article shows you how to create a formula for finding a percentage.
1. Click the cell where you would like the percentage to be displayed.
2. Type the following into the cell: =A1/A2 . (Change A1 and A2 to the cells which have the values you want to find the percentage for. For example, if you wanted to find out the percent cell A1 is of A2, then type =A1/A2 .)
3. Press Enter.
4. Right-click the cell which you just entered this formula into, and select "Format Cells..." from the menu that appears.
5. Click the "General" tab.
6. From the "Category:" list, click "Percentage".
7. Click OK.
8. Now, the percentage of the two cells you used in the formula will be displayed in percent format.
Books on Microsoft Excel
Choosing a Cell Phone and Rate Plan - General Articles
Stopping Unwanted E-mail - General Articles
Learn about Cookies - Microsoft Windows
HotSync Timeout Errors - Palm OS
Also from Computertim Technologies
Thoughts on Internet Advertising - an interactive opinion essay by Tim Rooney.
Post your opinions on technology and get free computer help in the forums.
Tired of AOL? Try Juno for half the price of AOL.
Shop for the best deals online at our shopping site.