Let's say that you are typing a pattern such as: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. into a row of cells. Instead of typing the entire list, Excel can complete it for you. Excel also can complete other types of lists such as months of the year.
This How-To Article explains how to have Excel learn your pattern and complete it for you.
1. Begin typing your pattern (Example: 1, 2, 3).
2. Highlight the pattern you have so far.
3. Move the mouse to the last (bottom) cell that is highlighted. Move the mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of this cell. The cursor will change to a cross symbol.
4. Click and drag down as far as you would like the pattern to go.
5. Once finished, let the mouse button up.
Books on Microsoft Excel
Choosing a Cell Phone and Rate Plan - General Articles
Stopping Unwanted E-mail - General Articles
Learn about Cookies - Microsoft Windows
HotSync Timeout Errors - Palm OS
Also from Computertim Technologies
Thoughts on Internet Advertising - an interactive opinion essay by Tim Rooney.
Post your opinions on technology and get free computer help in the forums.
Tired of AOL? Try Juno for half the price of AOL.
Shop for the best deals online at our shopping site.