Microsoft Excel provides a variety of formatting options for your worksheets.
This How-To Article walks you through setting up formatting for your cells.
1. To get into Cell Formatting, right-click the cell you would like to apply formatting to, and select "Format Cells..." from the menu that appears.
2. From the window that appears, first select the type of data that will be put into the selected cell(s).
3. Click the Alignment tab, and select how you want the data aligned in the cell.
4. The Font tab allows you to select what font you want for the data in the selected cell(s).
5. If you want to apply a border to the selected cell(s), click the Border tab, and select the border type you would like to use.
6. Color-coding cells can be useful, especially if you want to draw attention to a specific area on your worksheet. Click the Patterns tab to change the cell(s) color.
7. If you don't want the selected cell(s) to be modified, click the Protection tab, and check the "Locked" option.
8. Once you finish selecting options, click OK.
Books on Microsoft Excel
Choosing a Cell Phone and Rate Plan - General Articles
Stopping Unwanted E-mail - General Articles
Learn about Cookies - Microsoft Windows
HotSync Timeout Errors - Palm OS
Also from Computertim Technologies
Thoughts on Internet Advertising - an interactive opinion essay by Tim Rooney.
Post your opinions on technology and get free computer help in the forums.
Tired of AOL? Try Juno for half the price of AOL.
Shop for the best deals online at our shopping site.